Class III with x-bite

welcome-aorta Forums AORTA Forum Class III with x-bite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

This patient’s chief complaint is the cross bite associated with the 12 and 22, not the RHS Posterior cross bite. I am hesitant in treating her with fixed appliances as I’m scared she may end up with an anterior open bite. I am reluctant to remove any lower teeth because her lower anteriors might end up retroclined and she will not like that. I’m thinking this is probably best treated with Aligners to keep the anterior open bite under control but I am not sure how to go about it. Am I barking up the right tree?

I would have liked to attach a 3D PDF but it’s too big.

John Hagiliassis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Just need to ask a few questions to be able to assist in this case:

What does patient want ?
    What aligner system are you thinking of using -Invusalign or a DIY?

Overall easy to do
    Need to determine anterior Cross bite correction only of both?

If using DIY – Then anterior correction only
    If using Invisalign – Then anterior and posterior correction can be corrected

Posterior may need elastics to facilitate

Regards, John

George
    Participant

Thanks for responding John. The patient is really only interested in anterior teeth. She does not seem fussed if the posterior cross bite is left as is. It’s only me who is concerned about the posterior 🙂 If I did only the anterior teeth, I would be less concerned about the bite opening up.

I was only thinking Invisalign as I was unsure of my ability in this case.

Thank you.

John Hagiliassis
    Keymaster

Great Stephen
    Then you can easily do 12/22 any crossbite correction and recommend arch expansion between pm only and leave crossbite as is
    But remember place horizontal att on 6s as anchorages
    Regards, John

George
    Participant

Thanks John. I’m going to have a go with SureSmile and leave molars in x-bite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.