Bite Alignment

welcome-aorta Forums AORTA Forum Clear Aligners Bite Alignment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi! While intra-arch alignment is understandable with clear aligners, I am curious as to how inter-arch alignment is achieved with clear aligners. Also are there any significant research articles on the long term effect on the TMJs of clear aligner therapy?

Freedom Dental
    Participant

Hey Suresh
    Welcome to the forum both great questions and I’m not sure this the forum to answer.
    Btw sorry we didn’t see your question earlier …..
    This forum is to assist clinicians with trouble shooting software set ups, pre during and post treatment questions ect, admin assistance ect…

However your questions are based in my opinion on conventional concepts of orthodontics based on fixed ortho, Andrews six keys to occlusion ect….
    Regarding research on tmj I am aware of an orthodontist in Germany ( cant recall journal ) that uses aligners to assist tmjd where there is limited opening with great success. The mechanism theorised is that the aligners act Luke a Mischigan splint during treatment.
    As for inter arch treatment to correct class 1/11/111 I assume you are referring to Clear aligners still works well as long as you understand the mechanism and technique to abide by it.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the reply. That’s a shame, I was specifically sent to this forum for a reply. I’ll keep searching

georgea
    Participant

Hi Suresh, hope all is well. As im sure you are aware, the topic of TMJ (and TMD) and orthodontics – let along the sub-branch of clear aligners – is controversial.

I’ll attach some light reading in the next few posts that may help in your path to find the answer.

Kind regards,

GA

georgea
    Participant

Good summary, esp for teens.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by georgea.
    admin
    Keymaster

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.